Technote 10004 - Changing link hover settings
Many web sites, including Olson Software's, change link properties, such as
underline when you hover over them. For example, in this page, an underline is
displayed on the link as you move over it. This is very simple to do in your
Creating the Style Sheet
If you do not already have a style sheet in your project, see TechNote
10001 for details on how to create one.
Opening the Style Sheet
In order to setup your default font and font size you must edit the style
sheet you have applied to your topics. See Technote
10003 for details on how to open your style sheet.
Creating a style
We are now going to create a style which will apply to all links. The way
we do this is by creating a style which will customize the link tag (a)
- In the CSS editor select the Insert|Style menu command.
- In the dialog, expand the tag list.
- Select the a tag.
- Since we only want to change the link when a user is hovering over it,
from the Pseudo Details, select hover. This is a special property that applies
only to links
- Click OK.
Setting Style Properties
Now that we have setup our style, we can now setup the properties (i.e: removing
the underline) to be associated with our style.
- Click the
button on the toolbar or click with the secondary mouse button on the style
and click Properties.
- Select Style from the list of available properties, if it is not already
- Change any properties you wish to be different when the mouse cursor hovers
over your link. For example, to add an underline:
From the list of available attributes, scroll down until you find text-decoration.
Click on it and then click the drop down button beside it to select underline.
- Save our style sheet by using the File|Save menu command.
- We have now created our style! If you re-open any pages using this
style sheet you will find that your links will have changed! To see the change,
you'll need to go to the
tab, or build your project.